Larp Weekly Roundup - 4/27/12
Welcome one, welcome all to this week’s installment of the Larp Weekly Roundup where we bring you all the very best in larp happenings, news, stories and videos this week. As we’ve dug high and low through the fodder to bring you the best content we can find please take some time to visit each article. A lot of people put a lot of work into making each and every larp story happen. Let’s show them the love of our community
This news roundup is intended to be all about what’s happening in the Live Action Role Playing world. Therefore, we want as much of this weekly segment to be about the things you’re doing, creating and making waves in larp culture and in your circles across the globe. Is your university starting a larp club? Send us the info and we’ll cover it. Got a unique event taking place for your larp group? Let us tell the story. Got the best homemade costume of all time? Send us a picture and be judged by the masses. Whatever your larp story or news is we want to feature you. Yes, you. Email email@example.com to submit your news, story, picture or blog post to the weekly roundup.
- TOR.com has a new post up from their continuing series titled LARP Insider by Michele Reznik. The post this week is titled “Exploring Me, Myself, and I and explores the creation and enjoyment of a LARP character
- Second, word comes in from ESPN of all places and no they’re not covering LARP (yet!). But turns out it was Tim Duncan’s (NBA player for the San Antonio Spurs) birthday on April 25th. But what we want to know is WHERE does he play?
- The Daily Lobo, the independent daily newspaper for the University of Mexico, showcases their local Mind’s Eye Society troupe that meets on the campus. The article is titled “For the love of the larp: Live action role-playing helps participants conquer real-world fears. The article details a few people who have grown in the larp and used it to transform their real-world problems.
- What’s next is a bit different than usual. It’s a LARPer dating website known as “LARP Passions. The tag line for the website is “A 100% free social networking & online dating site specifically for singles with a passion for Live Action Role-Playing (LARP)”. If you’ve used this website, please let us know as we’d love to feature your story.
- The The Larpocalypse happened this past week. We’ve heard nothing but amazing stories. Unfortunately their website is down. 🙁 If you went, please, let us know. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lastly, we have a mini-documentary from some students at Ex’pression College. The film is really well done juxtaposing players in game or preparing for their character while being interviewed about their experience larping.
Photo courtesy of Von Wong